Hazel's Place

Hazel's Place
Picture modified by Pete C (W650 rider)

Saturday 19 September 2009

Update!

Well, I have shamefully neglected this blog for a long time. Having now started a blog especially for the North Staffs BSAOC, I think I should resurrect this one for any non-BSA club biking stuff.

Since the last post on here, I have acquired a 1946 BSA B31 and also Jon's B40 (in a B25SS chassis) both of which are in project form at the moment.

The B31 needs registering, the rear chain alignment is amiss (after various problems with sprockets and wheel spacing)and the front forks and wheel need some attention. It has been painted purple and matt black at some time and it will be staying that way for now, although I have been swayed by a lovely satin-black Empire Star in Holland and may eventually go for a similar finish. It ran when I got it so, fingers crossed, that side of things should be ok. It will have a daytime only MOT (no lights).







The B40 is in the process of having the engine stripped, so will need rebuilding. I'm thinking of having the front wheel re-laced to a 21" rim and I'll be painting the frame black. I'm quite tempted by an all-alloy clutch, trying to make the bike as light as possible. I recently put a black plastic mudguard on the Tribsa, which I'm very pleased with so will probably get a pair of them for the B40.




BH now has a very nice 1954 B31 which gets ridden every day and, now it has a Triumph clutch, is proving very reliable.



And here's the Tribsa with its new single seat and short rear mudguard:

No comments:

Post a Comment